Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chocolateria san Churro

I am glad to report an exciting development for Adelaide chocolate lovers.  Chocolateria san Churro has moved into town.  Their shops at in Rundle Street and Gouger Street have now been joined by a chocolateria in Marion Shopping Centre.  I went along to the shop at 43 Gouger Street to see what all the fuss was about.  The store used to be the House of Pearl Malaysian restaurant and prior to that it was the Petty Sessions coffee shop.  There is plenty of seating inside and on the pavement.  This place is dedicated to chocolate so there are no savoury dishes.


After looking through a menu that included Aztec hot chocolate, couverture dark hot chocolate and peanut butter hot chocolate, I settled on the Spanish hot chocolate.  This was pure, thick, quality chocolate served in a decorative mug and saucer with the slogan “Sweeten thy Soul” inscribed on the inside.  This was rich treat and I could feel my heart pumping faster from the first sip.  The cost was $5.95 and I could have had cream or marshmallows for extra cost.
Chocolateria San Churro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment